If you are a cooking enthusiast who spends hours in the kitchen, be it to prepare meals or make sure the environment is presentable, you have to consider effective ways to clean the room. You may be often forced to just fill the coveted space under the sink with commercial cleaners that are thought to provide perfect sanitation.
The kitchen most certainly deserves all the care and effort you can spare. After all, you cook your food there. But that doesn’t mean you need to resort to harsh chemicals that contain dangerous toxins. What you can do instead is consider proven methods of sanitation featuring non-dangerous components you can expect to see in every kitchen. Green supplies, such as baking soda, vinegar and lemon juice make more than perfect addition in every cleaning inventory. Here is how you use them in the top 5 most common kitchen cleaning chores.
- Clogged drain – clogged drains usually cause panic and fear, because of how often the kitchen sink is used. You want to fix the problem as soon as possible, which usually means rushing to the store and getting the first product you lay your eyes on. This is a bad strategy, because such solutions are often acidic enough to damage your drain. What you can use is pouring a high dose of boiling water down the drain. If the problem is more severe, you can mix half cup of salt and half cup of baking soda for some serious unclogging action.
- Dishwashing – if you are rather worried that the enamel of your high-end utensils can be damaged by abrasives, you will do well to consider some green alternatives. One such is baking soda, which makes an excellent stain remover without the potential to damage your cookware. If you are scared to even look at your roasting pan, you can try scrubbing with salt. Cleaning this item will be easier if you fill it with hot water and scrub it later.
- Cleaning containers – plastic, silicone and rubber containers can easily be cleaned using a baking soda paste. Stains stand no chance against the power of baking soda. Simply apply some of the product to the stains that are giving you trouble and use a pad to scour. Mixing the paste with lemon juice instead of water will give you great refreshing effect.
- Oven cleaning – it is not easy to deal with a dirty oven, but it is necessary. Don’t worry about cleaning, since there is a proven method that works every time. What you need is mix a paste-like compound with baking soda and water. Once you have it, coat the inside of your oven with it after removing interior items. Let it sit overnight and then wipe your oven clean. Always keep in mind that not allowing grime and grease to build up inside can save you a lot of effort.
- Fridge cleaning -again, you can use baking soda for this task. Work with baking soda on a sponge to get the fridge interior cleaned and sanitized. It also does miracles in deodorizing. Using this solution makes regular cleaning service much more bearable.
Implement each of these techniques in your kitchen cleaning and you will have an easier time maintaining the environment of this room sanitized. Not only are they effective, but also easy and cheap.